Sunday, July 3, 2011

Playdates, playdates...









This week has been what we've been waiting for with summer...playdates, pool time, popsicles! It was bright and sunny just the way we like it (or at least Mommy and Merrick do) We started the week of by hitting the park with our buddy Jayden and his mommy and lil brother. The boys had a great time RUNNING, swinging from trees, and being boys!
As the week progressed we had more playdates one of our outtings was going to Max's t-ball game! (Merrick can't wait to be big to play t-ball--cause he wants so badly to be big like Max, Xavier and Paxton as he tells me numerous times).
Our next playdate we played with Paxton and Sawyer at Old McDonald's farm, had a picnic lunch, and played at the park!




Then came Thursday, Friday, Saturday. And the summer heat rolled in. I'm not sure about where you live but Friday the heat index was 113!!!! The only thing besides stay inside on days like that(and try to explain to a 2 yr old why we can't be outside if the sun is shining?!) is to be in water, and that we were---all 3 days! Here's a few pictures of my waterbug! He learned how to "swim" with his floaties and could bob in water all by himself...needless to say he was VERY proud. He kept telling me "Watch me, don't catch me, watch me, don't catch me!"

Can you see the pride??


Saturday we had a playdate with the one and only DADDY! Instead of taking Merrick on a vacation (he's very impatient in the car) we decided to do a few family fun things during the month for his vacation...things we normally don't do--movie, this week the WATER PARK! Daddy I think had more fun than Merrick just watchin him run, his facial expressions, and best of all the squeals of delight when Merrick jumps in the pool! I really wish this next picture had sound!
We had a great time at the water park, and had a lil exhausted boy when we got home! :)
Tomorrow is the 4th. I'll try and post our pictures from the 4th this week sometime. We are headed to the parade, a grill out, and fireworks. Have a happy and safe 4th! Thanking God for our freedom!!!

XOXO

No comments: