Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sweet Summertime










It's officially summer...the pools are open, the weather warm, and we are LOVIN it! (Well Mommy and Merrick anyways) We've enjoyed summer with ice cream cones, hitting the sprinklers, MOPS playdate at the parks, and pool this week. Merrick is such a water bug that I didn't even attempt to try to take pictures of him at the pool because all hands needed to be free for grabbing of the child! :) (He has no fear!)
Last evening we hit the Summer Fest. It was a kids fest of all different kinds of games, inflatable rides/jumphouse/slides, carnival rides complete with a balloon glow.
As you can see from the picture he doesn't seem real thrilled about this slide. It was tall but he wanted so badly to go on it. He climbed to the top no problems, and his eyes got big as could be with no smile on his face as he slide down. However upon completing the slide he was very excited and thought it was fun enough to go again! ;)
Waiting for the balloon glow got a lil long so Daddy made it fun!!
Earlier this week we stopped by to see the newest member of the Hummer clan. I had to share these pictures with you...I think ONE! day Merrick will be a great big brother. (I know Taylor clan that we will get a bunch of questions this next weekend so Ill clear it up---NO BABY ON THE WAY! :) ) He was eating up loving on lil Truett.

I have a story to share...grab a tissue cause I still get that lump in my throat just thinking about it...

Over a plate of French Toast sticks and a bowl of yogurt Merrick and I were having our ritual "breakfast talk".
He was telling me how he loves his "blankie puppy" (the 2 blankets and puppy he sleeps with) and asked if he could keep them forever.

ME: "Yes You can keep them forever if you'd like."

Merrick: "And I'll never give them away. Mommy will you ever give me away?"

Me: "Never"

Merrick: Why?

Me: Cause I love you too much to give you away. If you ever went away I would be so sad.

Merrick: I love you too much too. And I love Daddy too much and I love Jazzi too much. I will keep all of my family forever too like my blankie puppy...ok?

Me: That sounds great to me! I will love for you to keep me forever!!

(Ok get ready for this!!!!)

Merrick: Mommy if I ever get sick and have to go to heaven like Sunny (my brother's dog who passed away this past winter) will you go with me?

So I nearly busted out in tears here...the lump swells in my throat and tears in my eyes

Me: Merrick if Jesus will let me come with you I would LOVE to go to heaven at the same time you do, but if I can't Jesus will be there to keep you safe until I can come to heaven with you.
Merrick: (with his smile and big eyes along with the approval headshake)I like Jesus

Me: I like Jesus too...wanna another French Toast stick?? (I had to change this subject quick cause there was too much emotion at 8am!)

I share this story cause one of Lincoln and I's desires are to make sure our kiddos grow to love Jesus. I feel like even though this conversation was a lil to emotional for this mommy it was also reassuring that he is soaking up what we have tried to teach him. I feel so blessed not only to have a husband that loves Jesus but a 2 yr old who does too and has that "child like faith". It does not get any sweeter than that!




On that note this next week will I'm sure be full of water activities cause it's suppose to be around 90 all week. Hope you had a great weekend and have a great summer week! Chat soon!!

No comments: