Sunday, June 19, 2011
















Happy Father's day to all the fathers out there. We feel truly blessed to have or have had some awesome father/grandfather figures in our lives. Today we sent father's day wishes to those here with us and to heaven for those amazing grandfathers who have passed on. We love all of you!!! We made Father's day at our house extra special cause we have an extra special daddy in the house. Lincoln is such an amazing father to Merrick. Merrick is truly blessed to call him daddy. We started the day off by breakfast in bed, church, Lincoln's favorite restaurant for lunch and a Sunday afternoon nap and more time spent with the family. We are so blessed for how hard Lincoln works for our family day in and day out. Thank you Lincoln for all you do!!!






So what have we been up to this week?? Quite a bit actually. We love all the activities that come with summer. We hit up the library again this week for the jugglers. Merrick was very intrigued by the performance.




In Hiawatha (a suburb of Cedar Rapids) this weekend there was a summer festival called Hog Wild Days. Sorta like a mini carnival with a parade. Merrick had a BLAST! We went Friday night and Saturday night. He enjoyed the old rides and loved the parade. I had to work this weekend so Lincoln took Merrick to the parade and even took pics for me!!! ( I told you he was a good daddy!!) His favorite thing about the parade is that "Jazzi" was in it. (Not really just a look a like--but he thought it was cool!)
We also had some visitors this weekend. My cousins Kandi and Renee came and visited. They were helping with a basketball tournament in Iowa City and stayed with us Friday night. Merrick had so much fun with them at the park driving them to "pretend" various places and they even taught him hop scotch. He was SO VERY sad when they left!
My dad and Deane stopped by to for a visit. Merrick fell in love with their new puppy Bridgette and we were able to celebrate Deane's 50th and Father's day. It was good to catch up!
This week Merrick has spent countless hours as a "pirate"! I'm warning you if you stop by and there is a mini pirate running around watch out for the flying sword...it might get you knee level!! ;)

I just read last week in my Parents magazine that boys go through spurts of behaviors--usually 6 mo of good behavior and 6 mo of bad. And this week I'm hoping is not the start of the "bad". Merrick is "high spirited" to say the least but has been a lil more "high spirited" this week. After a day of his lil tricks...I told Lincoln "I'm glad I know Jesus and have a glass of wine for tonight!" Of course he just laughed! I'm sure you're thinking Merrick be naughty...NO! Well I took pictures to prove it his tricks! I am telling you all this so when he is 25 with kids of his own I can pull out the printed blog and show him!! :) (And mind you these all happened in 1 day!)
Story : I had asked him to wash his hands after we got home from the park before we ate. I finished putting our bag from the park away and went in to the bathroom MAYBE 1 min later to find that he had plugged the sink, pour half the bottle of soap in it and then proceeded to splash the water EVERYWHERE. The walls in the bathroom are EXTRA clean. So once this mess was cleaned about 1 hr later he told me he needed to go potty. He usually does this on his own (if his shorts allow) so he went about his business until I hear him laughing and saying something kinda under his breath. This is what I found! UGH!!!
This declared nap time!!! So then after nap he continued with the tricks :) I had told him no more snacks before supper (its around 5:45pm when I'm telling him this). I had put supper in the oven, ran to get laundry, and came back up...BUSTED!!! He got the frosting out, lid off, spoon in, and when he heard me he dropped and RAN! Laughing mind you the whole way to his room!!!Ok! Now that you've gotten a chuckle outta Mr. Man's new tricks say a prayer for mommy! :) HAHA! I think he's gonna be a lil ornery like HIS DAD! :) Hope you all have a great week! Chat later!!!

No comments: