Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's just the simple things...

A few weeks ago I started to read a book called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. If you haven't read it...really you should. Im still working on reading it cause it is a book with so much information, so much inspiration that it is nearly impossible to take it all in in a short time. The main point of the book is to find grace, thankfulness in each and every situation and has really taught me to look at life through new eyes. This week was a low key week and I felt as if I was able to be still and breath, taking in some things of life I feel like I've missed out on due to all the hustle and bustle of everyday things. We went to the park EVERY SINGLE DAY this week, took our lunches and played for a minimum of 2 hrs at the park. It was so nice to sit and enjoy...the blue skies, the endless amounts of bambilions (Merrick's version of dandielions)picked, how good a cold meat sandwich tastes outside, and the feel of the warm sand between our toes from the sand boxes. We enjoyed just being for sure this week! I taught Merrick how to blow the dead "bambilions" and make a wish. I grabbed so cute shots of him...really the simple things!!










On one of our many trips to the park this week we saw a lil girl flying a kite and Merrick had asked if "we 3...all of us" could fly a kite. Friday as soon as Lincoln came home we packed up quickly as the sky looked a lil rainy and headed for again the park...We had a great time flying the kite. Listening to Merrick squeal in delight as Lincoln let the string out and the kite flew higher and higher was one of the best but as I had turned around after throwing our trash away to find this....
is when my heart really melted...Really it's the simple things. How could 2 most important people in your life enjoying eachother so much not bring a smile to your face and that warm feeling in your heart? It was a great week...a simple week.




A huge CONGRATULATIONS goes out to Leslie Taylor and Sam Taylor in their state track accomplishments! Way to make the Taylors proud!!!




I hope you all have a great week next week and have time to enjoy what simple things life gives you!! Take a minute to listen to the new song I put on the blog...Blessings by Laura Story...INCREDIBLE! God is good...we are blessed!!

No comments: