Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Weekend Sent From Heaven...









So the craziness of last weekend carried over to this week!!!We had a small birthday party for Paxton to celebrate his 6th birthday, MOPS, garage sale for 2 days, and of course had to make time for the sprinkler and splash pad since it was 91 and 88 2 days this week :)

Friday Kristin, Merrick, and I decided to hit the Robins City Wide garage sales...we found some great deals. Merrick loves the whole garage sale thing. One of our favorite finds...He LOVES pirates and we were able to find some pirate things for under $4 (hat, patch, coins, pants, shirt)---halloween complete! We love good deals!!! Here's a quick preview of the hat and patch! How cute?!?!
So that brings us to the weekend! Lately not only have our weekends but also our weeks have been packed. Lincoln has been working late and gets home in time for me to walk downstairs to start my shift. On break the other night I ran upstairs to tuck Merrick in he started to cry when I had to go back downstairs saying "NO Mommy I just want you to stay up here with me and daddy and we all be up here at the same time!" Talk about a heart break!! The weekend was really exactly what we needed!! Besides the short shift I worked Saturday morning we had NO plans! I was able to tackle the house and laundry pile that seemed to grow by leaps and bounds. We also were able to play for hours in our "cardboard band" (Merrick's band complete with box drums, cymbals, and a microphone out of a paper towel holder!), naps, church, a grill out, a bike ride, trip to the park, a dance party--compliments of zumba, and some fresh lilacs!! PERFECT I'm telling you!! We were able to sit and enjoy eachother-- the simple things in life. I love weekends where we can be a lil family of 3!


I hope you all had a relaxing and fun weekend as well. We'll chat later!

XOXO

No comments: