Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas fun...

This past week we started all the Christmas fun. Merrick had both his preschool programs which was fun to watch. He plugged his ears while people clapped, and leaned against the pulpit yawning towards the last part of the program. At his parents day out school he stood there like a statue! He's a character for sure and keeps life interesting!

Tonight the MOPS group we attend had cookies and stories with Santa. It was a fun family night. The boys got to wear their Christmas PJs, eat cookies and have hot chocolate, make ornaments, and listen to Christmas stories with Santa.
 
Story time...Some background info...we always do the Portable North Pole where Santa sends an email message to Merrick. This time there was an option to choose--mostly nice but some times naughty. So during the movie Santa told him he made the good list but needs to try harder....SO Merrick saw Santa and ran up to him saying "I know I need to try a little harder, but I have a list just a minute" Comes running back to me and said I need your phone I typed a list on your phone" Sure enough he had typed up a list on my iPhone and showed it to Santa cause he wanted to make sure he forgot NOTHING on that list...Legos, BLUE slippers, a stuffed elf, and a cap gun that goes BAM! Then after studying Santa's face he looks at him and says "You're not the real Santa....You must just be a helper Santa!" Oh! He cracks me up!

 Since we were all in the car and in Christmas spirit we drove around looking at Christmas lights. It was so nice to spend some good quality time together. I love making memories with my boys!! Check back soon for more Christmas fun...we started the big cookie making/decorating project!


No comments: