Sunday, April 8, 2012

Give me a high five, He's ALIVE!














We have had an amazing Easter! This year was especially fun as Merrick really caught on to the "real" meaning. We've been talking about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins and what that all means. He really seemed to soak it in. In fact we were having the conversation about how Jesus vs Satan. Merrick asks questions like--why does Satan do bad things? Why does he live in the fire place? And as we are answering him he matter of factly says "Well if Satan is being so bad why doesn't Jesus just swat him on the butt?" Lincoln and I both couldn't help but laugh!


We also started our Ressurection Eggs which are 12 Easter eggs with different items in each to represent the story. We no longer have to explain the story to him---he tells it to us! I love the last egg he opens (there is no item in this egg-it's empty) and shouts "HE'S ALIVE!". I love it!!


We also, this weekend, went to see the Easter Bunny...
Picked Lilacs

Had an Easter Egg hunt
Dyed Easter Eggs
Opened Easter Baskets...
And made Ressurection rolls for Easter Breakfast. The marshmallow is Jesus. The butter and spices (cinnamon and sugar) respresent His body prepared for burial. The crescent roll represents the linen that was wrapped around Jesus' body for burial. And the oven is the tomb. After baking the rolls the marhsmallow melts symbolizing an empty tomb! Merrick thought these were really neat and YUMMY! (Taste like a cinnamon roll)
And of course Church...

After church we enjoyed a yummy lunch on Daddy's new grill. (Lincoln is pretty proud of it and told me it was the best pork loin he has ever had!)
Baby Update:

The 24 wk check was this week. Baby checked out well. However they couldn't get an actual count on the heart rate because everytime the doctor would place the doppler on my stomach the baby would start kicking making a very loud noise on the doppler. In fact the doctor referred to him as "a fiesty one"! Perfect! He'll fit right in then :)
Which leads me to my last story. Merrick enjoys going to the OB appointments with me to hear the baby's heart beat. For what ever reason while we were waiting he decides to do a summersault off the one of the footrests, slamming his nose in the floor. He springs to his feet, grabs his nose, and starts yelling "OH SH*#!" I was so caught off gaurd and couldn't keep from laughing while trying to tell him to stop saying that word. So I was called back shortly after, had the appt, and am waiting to check out and have a test scheduled for next appt. Merrick wanted to go to the toy area to play while I did this. I see his head going out the door and asked him what he needed "I have to poop mom!" (And you all know this child has no reservation or quite tone about him). He says he knows where the bathroom is and can do this on his own. Not even 1 minute later at the TOP OF HIS LUNGS! he yells "MOM, I'M DONE. COME WIPE MY BUTT!" The check out lady starts laughing. I proceed to my calling to find him in the dark, door open, butt in the air. But it doesn't stop there...he continues to LOUDLY talk about the size of it! I am in tears at this point from laughter! There were many pregnant ladies in the waiting room by this point and by the looks on some of their faces you could tell they were going to be 1st time moms! I'm glad we could break them in so they know what it is all about :) The ladies at the front desk were rolling in laughter! He's one of a kind for sure!!! :)


Hope you have a great week!

No comments: