Sunday, September 18, 2011

Life....it happens...





So life got the best of me the past couple weeks....here's why there's been no recent bloggin...

1. Merrick started preschool
So I drop my super excited lil guy off to start preschool. WOWZA mommy was not ready for that. He has been for 2 wks now and I'm still teary eyed as I walk out. So when he's not at school we play, play some more, and play even more than we did before, because in 2 yrs he'll be kindegarten bound...(sniff)! Ok its time to change the subject. So this extra play time (and I mean HOURS on the floor a day playing or HOURS at the park playing has taken my free nap time to do things like the blog away to do things like house chores!) The teacher told us he is doing very well, very well behaved, very detail orientated, but is a great listener! Always a report a parent wants to hear.


2. Painted our front door RED---doesn't it look great?!? See Lincoln, I told you :)
3. Shingling the roof. So there are no pictures of this cause when you're working you can't take pictures. But what a project this was...HOLY BUCKETS! After figuring out that all the sheeting under the shingles needed replaced, Lincoln making a Santa Clause appearance through the toy room ceiling, and some unexpected trips to Menards to get new things like vents, etc, and now a hole to patch inside-- the project is finished! WHOA! Glad that will last for 8-10 yrs! Lincoln is ok...just a bruised tush! Thanks to Blake and Justin for helping so willingly on this endless project! This project is what really put me behind in life :) Not only did we roof, but I worked 20 hrs last weekend AND sat through 10 hours of meetings for our upcoming MOPS...needless to say nothing NOTHING got done around here and it has taken me a while to catch up on daily things let alone the mess shingling will leave :) But its done, I can breath, and life is good!


Here are a few pictures from the past 2 wks you may enjoy...
These 2 are such good buddies!

Park playdates!

Playdate/fashion show with Ms. Sawyer.
And our Colorado newly wed family were here for the IOWA game so we got to spend time with them yesterday. GO HAWKS!


Hope you are enjoying this amazing fall weather. We are today all in our extra big sweats, curled up watching football on the couch! PERFECT way to spend a Sunday rainy fall afternoon. Have a great one! Chat next week! (I PROMISE!)

No comments: