Sunday, August 28, 2011

On your marks, get ready, set......R-A-C-E!




"Can I sleep in my wacin stuff?" is a common question at our house this week. As you remember from past posts Merrick got an early birthday present from my mom. As you also remember me saying I'm sure from past posts how this child has no fear...lead to the racing helmet...then the pants from Colorado, now he has the full suit...helmet, pants, shirt, and gloves. This kid is ready to R-A-C-E!

We(Lincoln and myself) have spent numerous hours in the front yard, sitting in our chairs, watching the lil guy go around his homemade figure 8 track in our front yard. He has definately worn a path by now! We are gonna have to look into buy a few more racing pants/shirts cause Mommy can't keep up on the laundry and have everything washed and dried from the time he goes to bed til the time he gets up EVERY morning! This outfit is the 1st thing to be put on in the morning and last thing that comes off at night!! (We finally convinced him to only sleep in his racing shirt at nap cause the pants made him so hot! But you better believe it when I say the 1st thing he asks for after nap is to take his shorts off and put on his racing pants again!)


So besides racing what else have we done...really not much. A few playdates, but we've spent most of our week catching up from being gone the past 2 wks. Here are a few pics that I was unable to post from last weekend...



Merrick loves it when Uncle Mike gets out his "buitar" and plays a few songs. Merrick could not get enough of lil Jett. This lil guy you just can't get enough of...the sweetest happiest baby!!

Last night Levi and Jessie came up for a visit. We started a game of kick ball in the front yard and Lincoln challenged me to kicking the ball "higher than him". Of course I did ;) and it got stuck in the tree. An easy stick cause with one throw of the shoe (Levi's idea) it was out...however the throw was slightly powerful and the shoe (Lincoln's only pair of tennis shoes) got stuck. Merrick thought this was so funny, however the funnier part was Lincoln and Levi trying to get the shoe out. The spectators (Jess, Merrick, and I) were laughing so hard at the many attempts of throwing the broom on top of the ladder with multiple sticks falling. Of course the comments being made by the throwers caused a lil more comedy! Just picture this if you can...
Of course Merrick told me that he thought "it was fun and we should do it again" :)


I have a good Merrick story for you..

While driving the other day in the car he was looking in the clouds, and asks me "Mommy how do you get up there?

Mommy-"well you could take an airplane or a hot air balloon"

Merrick-"No to heaven! How do you get to heaven?"

Mommy-"You can't go there until Jesus tells us it's time to go up there?"

Merrick-"Well what's He doing up there?"

Mommy-"He's building a house for us."

Merrick-"Oh! Well Mommy did you know my house is blue cause that's my favorite color? And your house is pink cause you're a girl?!"


I love his innocent lil way of thinking!

Until next time...

No comments: